Learn to sail at the Club!
- We provide dinghy training courses for members from juniors (8 years and upwards) to adults of all ages covering basic to advanced skills.
- Our dinghy training fleet consists of RS Teras for the juniors and Topper Topaz, a Wanderer and an RS Quest for all age groups.
- We are part of the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) training system, and our volunteer instructors hold RYA qualifications with formal training administered by the Recognised Training Centre (RTC) Principal.
- We offer Junior Stages 1 – 4 and Adult Levels 1 – 3 plus Dinghy Day Sailing, Dinghy Seamanship and Sailing with Spinnakers. An explanation of course content can be found here: rya.org.uk/training/small-boat-sailing/dinghy
- We run a Junior Week during the school holidays where we aim to advance skills in 5 days of activity while having a lot of fun.
- We run ‘Dolphins’ fortnightly in the sailing season on a Thursday evening. This is for juniors who are at Stage 1 or higher to gain more time on the water as part of following the RYA pathway.
- We run 'Improvers' fortnightly during the sailing season on a Tuesday evening. This is for all age groups who have RYA Stage 3 or Level 2 (or equivalent experience) who want to improve their skills and confidence.
- We actively encourage parents to join-in with junior activities by helping out on the safety boats or slipway.
Contact the RTC Principal