The Committee has considered the UK government announcement on Monday the 23rd March, which states that:
“…people will only be allowed to leave their home for the following very limited purposes:
· Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
· One form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household
· Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
· Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.”
In addition to the previously announced suspension, postponement or cancellation of club activities, we now ask that:
- Members do not enter the Clubhouse until further notice.
- As exceptions the Committee authorises: continuing monthly safety inspections, periodic collection of mail by Committee members and the accessing of the Clubhouse to borrow the projector for a Covid-19 related presentation to a community support team being run by a club member.
A revised notice will be pinned to the Club door to reflect this situation.
A separate notice will be placed on the sail store/ emergency exit door regarding the water seepage from the public road opposite the clubhouse; this seepage has previously been drawn to the attention of Scottish Water by the Committee. Scottish Water have tested the seepage and confirmed it is not chlorinated and is therefore not from a water main leak; it is ground water seeping up through the public road.
Club members should feel they can reach out to each other, through email and social media should they need support in these difficult times.
As the situation is fast evolving, we will continue to review advice regularly and our position may change at short notice - hence please continue to keep an eye on the Club calendar, social media and your email account.
Your Club Committee