FRIDAY EVENING SOCIAL SAILING
Friday Evenings are an opportunity for members to sail with safety cover but without the pressures of racing. The club kindly ask those who partake the sessions to follow the guidelines for the Friday Social Sailing sessions.
GUIDELINEs FOR THE FRIDAY SOCIAL SAILING SESSIONS
- There will be a Safety Officer and a Safety Crew, but no Organiser. Friday Evenings are not a training activity unless otherwise advertised.
- There is no need to book and the expected on the water time is 7:00 pm, however if by 7:30 pm the Safety Officer feels there are insufficient numbers to safely launch and retrieve the safety boat then Safety Boat cover is likely to be cancelled invoking the same sailing restrictions as point 3.
- If the Safety Officer feels that conditions are unsuitable he or she will either not launch the Safety Boat or will withdraw safety cover if conditions deteriorate. He or she will do this AFTER informing the sailors on the water and giving them enough time to return to shore. Adults sailing their own dinghies who wish to do so may, of course, continue to sail at their own risk, however, all Club dinghies must be returned to the shore. Parents or adults in loco parentis for juniors out in their own boats are responsible for deciding whether their junior may continue – the Safety Boat crew can relay messages if necessary.
- The Safety Officer will be responsible for opening-up and locking-up the Club, preparing sign on/sign off sheets (click to download), keeping radio contact with the Safety Boat and checking that everyone is signed off the water at the end of the session. They will also take a note of members using the Club Dinghies, registering that they are competent (see below) if it is that sailor’s first Friday evening of the season and take money for use of the Club dinghies.
- Members may sail their own boats at no charge. Their guests are welcome, but will be expected to join the Club after 3 sessions if they wish to continue.
- Members wanting to sail Club boats will be subject to the following conditions:
If you have any feedback or questions for the club regarding social sailing please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.